For additional information Click Here
Twitter Optimization on your Twitter account is important. You need to use every bit of real estate available to make it so people are attracted to you and find value when they look at your profile.
Make sure your Twitter username is congruent with your website and brand. If it is not then your followers will be confused when visiting your site.
Combine your website keywords with Twitter. Monitor what links are being most utilized and then use more of those hashtags in your tweets.
Google may flag you as spam if you overdo the use of hashtags in your username.
Your bio, photo, and link are the places you will do updates to promote your campaigns. Twitter indexes your bio on a regular basis, so changes can affect your relevance scores.
The bios main job is to explain to potential followers what you are about. Why should they follow you?
When you have campaigns going be sure to use relevant keywords and hashtags. This will help you show up on both Twitter and Google for people searching using them.
Before you upload your profile photo make sure you do some SEO. Add keywords separated by dashes to the file name of your photo. Make sure it is 200x200 pixels.
Be careful about which page your bio link is sending your followers to. Best to send to your brand website because it will have the best SEO Authority. You can use a special landing page but only if it is more relevant to your followers than your site.
Be sure to provide a link to your Twitter account on your website. That backlink love will get you more traffic and followers. The more places you link your Twitter account the more credible you will appear to the search engines.
Making Twitter Relevant and Optimized
- Your link is your biggest call to action for your Twitter account. If you use a link shortener you should use a branded one. Some link shorteners can be considered and flagged as spam.2. Add Google markup code to your blog. I did not even know that this existed. Google lets you embed code into your blog to specify your social media accounts. These are the ones included: Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Myspace, Pinterest, SoundCloud, and Tumblr. Check it out here
- Use keywords in your tweets. This allows you to show up in Google search results. Make sure you are always testing and reviewing. Twitter has built-in analytics so you should check it often.
- Put yourself in your customer's shoes. Think about why they are searching and give them the very best value you can with each tweet.
- Ask people to retweet your tweets. There is no harm no foul in asking people for the share. Make sure your tweets are short enough (about 120 characters) so the person retweeting has enough room to put their handle in.
- The name of the game is getting a good audience response. Nothing in the world beats good value and content. Make sure you are always writing for real live flesh and blood people and not a cyber-borg.
Twitter Optimization is important if you are building a business.
Happy Tweeting and I hope you have enjoyed the post.
If you have found the value please comment and share this content.