In this day and age, who really has the the better, or as many say, "the best" products in the Network Marketing Industry? Does it matter? Some say yes, some say no. I say that the product and/or service definitely matters, depending on many factors, like market timing, momentum in the marketplace, penetration, saturation, and is it ahead of the curve or riding the wave?
BETTER TO BE FIRST THAN TO BE BEST
Many network marketing companies have great teams, and have been around for a very long time, and all successful teams use pretty much the same success principles and "best practices" to build and grow, but what makes one better than the other as far as opportunity in the current marketplace and during these economic times we are living in now.
Comes down to opportunity and product after that, in other words, does the prospect see themselves selling what you have to offer? Yes, no, maybe? Again, all successful teams use the same formula, but how unique is the opportunity and product within the context of the Network Marketing industry. E.G.
1. Market penetration and saturation (i.e. basic market research)
2. Competition with the Company itself (how many sales reps or distributors does the Co already have now and is there still momentum going on)
3. How much competition outside of the Company you are selling for, and how many Companies (1, 10, 100's already in the game?) and are selling pretty much the same stuff within the specific category in question? 10k, 100K, millions of distributors or Independent Reps?
4. Is the media trending it - on the internet and off - and helping the Co. with millions in free press and advertising. Healthy eating for example and Mrs. Obama promoting it as her major platform along with many major sports teams.
5. Is there a vast subconscious negative attached or associated with the product category within a specific industry, Network Marketing, (extremely hard to gain momentum and overcome, and gain traction even for the best in the industry)
6. Is it another "me too" company with just slightly different products/services, and/or ingredients?
7. How many different ways can the product or products themselves be marketed? E.G. through fundraisers, stores, vending machines, restaurants, or some other vehicle for getting the word out on the products if nothing else.
8. Can the product or products stand on their own even if someone just wanted to buy them?
9. Is the Company, or product in a category by itself? i.e. category creator within the Industry of Network Marketing and unique with tons of momentum behind it with media coverage, and being first in it's class so to speak? Big advantage, and if anybody tells you otherwise, they are lying to you.
10. So with that I leave you with a few quotes for thought:
10a. "It’s Better To Be First Than It Is To Be Best."
I sure wish I could take credit for that brilliant quote, but I can’t. It comes from Al Ries and Jack Trout, authors of several popular marketing books.
10b. "Timing is everything." - Bobby Fischer Former World Chess Champion (In this case, market timing)
10c. "It's just Snacks!" - Christina Hodge (Team United)
I wish I could take credit for that brilliant statement too, because it's so true, and so simple most overlook it, but kids don't, because they see what most adults don't; the obvious, not what they think is best.
I speak with tons of people every week here in Los Angeles where I live, and not one has asked me if the healthy snacks biz was one of those MLM/Networking/Pyramid things. Yes, they say, "...things." 8-) Chaio. HF
Harry Fassett ( www.harryfassett.com ) has been an Internet Marketing and Search Engine Marketing Specialist since 1995, and Founder of Amazines.com. Currently working on the side as a Snackhealthy Brand partner with "Team United" including millionaires in the industry Kenny and Christina Hodge, and Team trainer Debbie Stien, who makes over eight thousand a week with her Snackhealthy Distibutorship and Debbie accomplished this incredible feet in only 16 months!
WAHM Wanted! Call and listen to Mulitmillionaire Christina Hodges urgent and timely message at: (800) 983-7116 today! OR visit: www.healthysnackmoms.com now and watch Christina and Debbie tell their incredible story in a video on bottom right of page, because you'll be glad you did!