For additional information Click Here
“More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the U.S. and Japan.” Hubspot
“The growth of internet use continues to accelerate around the world, with global user numbers up by more than 80% in the 5 years since January 2012” wearsocial.com
It’s mobile. No doubt about it.
According to wearsocial.com;
- "More than half the world now uses a smartphone
- Almost two-thirds of the world’s population now has a mobile phone
- More than half of the world’s web traffic now comes from mobile phones
- More than one in five of the world’s population shopped online in the past 30 days
- More than 90% of the world’s internet users go online via a mobile device."
“150 + times a day on average is how many times a Smartphone user looks at their phones” ~ abcnews.go.com
It's mobile. No doubt about it. Now as a business owner, the question is how can I reach those Smartphone users when 70% say they dislike mobile ads. Mobile ad blocking has increased upwards to 90%. (Hubspot) Since 2010, television viewership has been declining. (Fortune.com) Newpaper sales have been sliding.
All of these figures blow ROI right out of the loop and pretty much explains why there are not many avenues yet to get information out about our products or services.
What are the choices?
Let's look at doing a search first -
That is where most begin -
If you have a mobile friendly website, listed on the front page of Google and in the top five listings, you have a good chance of some good traffic and sales.
- "65% of smartphone users agree that when conducting a search on their smartphones, they look for the most relevant information regardless of the company providing the information.
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product when conducting a search on their smartphone.
- 48% of consumers start mobile research with a search engine.
- 26% of consumers start mobile research with a branded app."
- "Google gets over 100 billion searches a month.
- The average Google first page result contains 1,890 words
- 50% of search queries are four words or longer."
- "19% of people use Siri at least daily.
- 37% use Siri, 23% use Microsoft’s Cortana AI, and 19% use Amazon’s Alexa AI at least monthly.
- 20% of search queries on Google's mobile app and on Android devices are voice searches.
- 60% of smartphone users who use voice search have begun using it within the past year, with 41% of survey respondents having only begun to use voice search in the past six months.
- 43% of mobile voice search users do so because they say it is quicker than going on a website or using an app.
- 21% of mobile voice search users do so because they say they don't like typing on their mobile." (QR Codes eliminate typing)
We will look at some other choices on the next post.
Unless noted, all statistics come from Hubspot
Thank you for stopping by!
Free QR Codes
QR Codes are essential to Mobile Marketing
"We Provide Mobile Marketing Solutions For Small Local Businesses"