For additional information Click Here
No Doubt About it. It’s Mobile Part 2
In this short series, we are looking at different ways that we can reach the Smartphone users when
- "70% say they dislike mobile ads.
- Mobile ad blocking has increased upwards to 90%. (Hubspot)
- Since 2010, television viewership has been declining. (Fortune.com)
- Newspaper sales have been sliding."
All of these figures blow ROI right out of the loop and pretty much explains why there are NOT many avenues yet, to get information out about our products or services.
With these kind of stats on the mobile user, as a business owner, I want to tap into this market at a reasonable price.
- "Almost two-thirds of the world’s population now has a mobile phone
- More than 90% of the world’s internet users go online via a mobile device.
- 150 + times a day on average is how many times a Smartphone user looks at their phones” ~ abcnews.go.com
We looked at searches as our options on the last post. We are taking a look at social media today.
What are the choices?
Just this year, I made a commitment to be more active with my business pages on Facebook. One reason is the big improvement with the business page from Facebook. Another reason, is that it is a good free avenue of advertising and I was a fool for not using it to the max.
According to hubspot
“One third of the world uses social networks regularly”
Social Media Management
- "88% of marketers want to know how to measure their return on investment for social media activities
- Only 42% of marketers say they are able to measure their social activities
- 92% of marketers say that social media is important to their business"
- "More than half of marketers who've been using social media for at least two years report it helped them improve sales
- 90% of all marketers indicated that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses
- By spending as little as six hours per week, 66% of marketers see lead generation benefits with social media”
These figures show that the time is well spent for those that use social media.. Since we are looking for ways to connect with Smartphone users, this should be a priority for me.
So, which one media is right?
- "72% of adult internet users use Facebook.
- Only 45% of marketers think that their Facebook efforts are effective.
- Facebook posts with images see 2.3X more engagement than those without images.
- Facebook continues to have the most engaged users -- 70% log on daily, including 43% who do so several times a day.
- Facebook sends 82% of social media traffic to longer stories and 84% of social traffic to shorter news articles.
- 63% of Facebook and Twitter users say each platform serves as a source for news about events and issues outside the realm of friends and family.
- 73% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes.
- In the past two years, content consumption on Facebook has increased 57%.
- 76% of people use their Facebook feed to find interesting content.
- Facebook has 1.13 billion daily active users."
- "23% of adult internet users use Twitter
- 3 in 10 online urban residents use Twitter, compared with 21% of suburbanites and 15% of those living in rural areas
- 30% of online adults under 50 use Twitter, compared with 11% of online adults ages 50 and older
- Twitter accounts for 16% of referrals to longer articles from social sites and 14% for shorter news articles.
- Twitter has nearly 4X as many users internationally as in the U.S.
- In the past two years, content consumption on Twitter has increased 25%. Twitter has 313 million monthly active users"
We will continue looking at social media in the next post.
Thank you for stopping by!
Free QR Codes
QR Codes are essential to Mobile Marketing
"We Provide Mobile Marketing Solutions For Small Local Businesses"