For additional information Click Here
A lot of people are constantly on diets and trying to lose weight. I can admit that I am one of them. I’m trying to lose weight and tone up. I just figured I’d look slimmer toned, so weight loss would fall in line with that. Who knows we’ll see. Of course with the holiday season rolling in…wooooo a lot of us will be like hmmmm need to lose 20 pounds. Just thinking about the plates of food has me like, ugh! Well if/when you start your diet journey here are a few things you may want to consider when trying to lose weight.
When people decide to lose weight they immediately think diet. Oh I have to go on a diet. I need to diet. Please stop this people. Diet for some reason has become code for starving yourself or depriving yourself of what you like. Oh and it’s not just eating salad all day every day either. If you actually paced yourself you would see that you don’t really have to deprive yourself of things or starve yourself.
Here are a few simple tips:
- Scales are a no no! A scale will make you its B-you know the rest. Don’t let it. If you must, go ahead and weigh yourself at the start of your weight loss journey. Then remove the scale from it’s resting place. Place it somewhere that you do not have to see it. Otherwise every time you see the scale you will say “Hmm, let me just see if there is some progress.” Don’t do it to yourself. If you must look at the scale set due dates for yourself to look at the scale. BUT DO NOT, get on the scale daily. Don’t hurt your feelings like that. I beg of you.
- Find an article of clothing that you own, that you haven’t been able to get in. Usually it’s a favorite pair of jeans. Yes, I have mine chilling waiting for me to get back in them. This will become your motivational garment. Now be realistic with what you pick as your motivational garment. Don’t be trying to fit into something from Junior High School. Choose something that you know with a little bit of work on your part you can get back into it and breathe while wearing it.
- Become one with water. Water will be your best friend if you let it. Did you know a lot of times when we think we are hungry we are actually thirsty? Crazy right? Think about your eating habits and really consider if you are hungry or thirsty.
- Do not starve yourself. Going hungry does not help you lose weight. Starving yourself just tells your body to store the fat because it has no clue when you are going to feed it again.Being greedy doesn’t help either. Find a median for yourself. Think about it this way. We all have that one place on our body that weight goes to first…do you really want that spot growing?
- BE COMFORTABLE IN YOUR SKIN: DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT let what others think your weight should be dictate what you think it should be. Stop with the self-doubt and go for what you know. You will know what makes you feel good and what works for you. ONLY YOU will know what feels good to you.
- Start with small tasks. If you eat out 5 days a week cut that down to 3 times a week. If you usually eat at 8pm try moving that time to 6pm. If you eat an omelette everyday, try making it an egg white omelette. Try replacing your soft drinks or coffee with water. Learn how to gradually remove things that you know are not helping you in your weight loss journey. This way you do not feel deprived. I have this habit myself when I’m told I can’t have something all of a sudden I want it. So it’s a gradual process to not only switch your mindset but to also find balance.
- Just about anything can be exercise. A jog to the car. Taking the stairs. Lifting gallon jugs of water. Be creative with how you can get some workout time in. Do some jumping jacks during commercial breaks for your favorite tv show. Working out doesn’t require a gym membership. So stop talking about how you have to go to the gym…and then never making it there.
I hope these tips are helpful and you are able to add them into your daily routine with ease. Your health is your wealth. Take it serious.