Now What? What Am I Supposed to do Next?
Published on 8/29/2014
For additional information Click Here
Now What? What Am I Supposed to do Next?
Note: This is the 28th in the “GetStarted” Sequence.
So, I have 250 Friends, no clues and I just joined a Great Opportunity. Now What? What am I supposed to do next? Friend, let me tell you that I started with less than you.
Let’s take a look at your Situation:
It is said that 90% of people fail in their online business. I don’t believe that is a fair statement. I believe that about 90% of the Attempts to start Any Business fail. Or, that most people take about ten attempts to succeed. That is more understandable. There is a lot to learn to make your business a success. And, there is usually more to learn every day. Our Objective is to make sure that you Succeed in This Cycle.
Most people fall into one of a few categories. Let’s take them in the order of the kind of help that they might need to Succeed in This Cycle.
A) Have Just Begun Considering Making an Online Income.
B) Have been Exploring, found one or more Opportunities and Need the Next Step.
C) Have already hit the wall Nine Times and are Really Ready to Succeed in This Cycle.
D) Have got it all figured out and are making money hand over fist.
There are more, and you are welcome to contribute your thoughts in the comments section. At this time we want to focus on the K.I.S.S. principle. For me, that comes out as Keep It Simple Seller.
*Note: Don’t let the Idea of being a Seller scare you. Today’s marketing methods are more focused on the low key approach. We are not Knocking on Doors, pushing our product. Instead, we are simply putting our information where those who are ready can find it. *
My First Advice for this group is Don’t Buy Anything Until you Understand the Need For It. The Classic Marketing Model for years was to turn the income seekers into buyers of every shiny new tool that came along. This leads to the unhappy, discouraged, people who have given MLM a bad name. There are *Free Opportunities and Tools that you can use to give yourself a good start.
*Free Means Free!
My Second piece of advice to Group A is to find one or more of these Free Opportunities to use as the basis for Learning how to Market Online. (Yes, I have a couple of these myself. My reasoning stands.) Even in the Free Opportunities, you may find it necessary to “invest” in yourself by purchasing something you need. If it is something you need or can use, the real question is, can you afford it?
My Third piece of advice to Group A is to find one or more Mentors to help you over the rough patches. Be wary of the Gurus. I have more faith in someone who admits they still have much to learn. Sometimes all you need is to be able to ask Someone a question. It is the questions you don’t ask that can keep you from Success in This Cycle.
Concrete Suggestions for Group A:
1) Read through the GetStarted Series. I am writing it for you. http://www.Nove-Noga.com/GetStarted.html.
2) Start working on your Networks with IBO Toolbox, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
3) Begin working on Your Plan. Why do you want to become an Internet Marketer? What are your Goals? By what Processes will you Achieve your Goals? What is the Theme of your efforts? These questions are just to help you get started Thinking about Your Plan.
First, prepare yourself for Success in This Cycle. Review your Online Profiles. Make sure that they are creating the Presence you want to Project. Check your Email Signatures. These are like small business cards and should contain at least one link to your Opportunity. Look over every piece of Advertising you are currently using and look at your daily posts on each of your Networks. Each should be aimed towards letting people know who you are and why they should consider doing business with you. That is what it comes down to. You want them to come to you.
Second, push your Social Networks to at least half capacity. Most of the Social Networks have basic limits on the number of people you can have in your Network. Once you have reached a certain point, the increases tend to be self-sustaining. (Basic Limits: Facebook, 5000; Twitter, 2000; Google+ 5000)
Third, work on your mindset. If you do not have a positive mindset, it is difficult to continue with the efforts needed to succeed. You Can Succeed. You just have to convince yourself that it is OK to succeed. The Human Mind is the most important Programmable Device that you own. You have to Take Charge of your own programming if you intend to Succeed in This Cycle.
Concrete Suggestions for Group B:
1) Increase your Social Media Presence. Interact more with your Networks. Remember that “Sell, Sell, Sell” is the old school approach that is no longer accepted. Learn to Engage with your Audience and Think at least Three Times before you even Ask if you can Share your Link. (Will it help them as much as it will help you? Are they Ready to receive your Link? Are you Ready for them to Accept your Link and ask “What’s Next?”)
2) Add Something to your Presentations Every Day. Get in the habit of keeping track of your Ideas and Thoughts. Keep an Eye out for tools and services that will increase your ability to share your Messages and Ideas.
3) Read, listen to and watch material that makes you Think. “Think and Grow Rich” is one of the best books available for teaching you How To Think and the Importance of a Proper Mindset to your Success in This Cycle.
These are the people that have probably already hit the wall a few times. They tried a few ads but they were not successful. They tried a Traffic Exchange but the few hits they did get never followed through. They wrote one Press Release and no one ever commented on it.
Online Marketing is a game of numbers. According to some estimates, only three percent ever click on a given link. Of those who click on the link, only three percent will actually follow through. Fortunately, there are a lot of people in the world and there are ways to improve your numbers.
My First Advice to Group C is to Go Big. Start with your existing list of Advertisements and add to it every day. If possible, use trackable links to see which ones are getting clicked. Consider your audience. Who is seeing your Advertisements? Targeting is about understanding your audience and coming up with the right impulse to draw their Click.
Secondly, use every resource available to get your message where it needs to be seen. Do you have business cards to share and drop cards to leave wherever you go? Do you have educational and entertainment material ready to share along with your commercial presentations in your Social Networks? Have you developed ways to slide your offers and opportunities into conversations that are headed in the right direction?
Don’t Plop your advertisements in the posts you comment on. Instead, come up with something useful or memorable to add to the conversation. Don’t let your Social Stream be a never ending advertisement. Find material that you can mix in that may lead people to think about you and your products. Remember that it is not enough to be seen; you want people to Smile when they see what you have to offer.
Third is to be completely prepared for every question that your prospective customer may have for you. “I’ll have to get back to you” is no longer acceptable. If you Have to say it, Make Sure that you Follow Through. You may only have one chance to gain each person’s attention. Make it a positive experience so that they will be happy to see you again.
Concrete Suggestions for Group C:
1) Add to your Advertising and Presentation Efforts every day.
2) Keep Pushing Forward. You are nearing your goal and stopping now will just mean more work in the long run.
3) Add more value to your Networks Every Day. (I am going to be blunt.) If you view your Networks as some sort of cash cow to be milked and discarded, you might make a little money. If you view them as part of the Community that you have decided to Participate in, you will find it much more rewarding. When you see a question on the Wall to which you have the answer, Respond. When you see your Friend’s Ad or post sitting there without a like or comment, add something to it. When you see a need, Fill It. Soon you will have people supporting your efforts. Together, you will make each other’s messages go further. And for those most concerned about the bottom line, I am betting that that will be better as well.
What do the Successful People Have? They have experience and they have Networks. They have learned the value of pushing forward. They have developed the mindset of success. They have a working Plan of Action. They are the people that can take a new product and make a success overnight because they have already set up the tools they need to Succeed in This Cycle.
How did the Successful People get there? They took the time to build their business. For those starting out, it is likely that you have not really begun building your Networks. When you are ready to market, you need to have someone to market to. This is one of the great advantages of IBO Toolbox. Here, you learn to engage with your audience while building your Networks as you add new Associates. For these reasons, it is important to set up your Social Networks early and build them steadily.
What do the Successful People know that you may not? None of us are traveling alone. We are all travelers with similar goals. When we help each other, we help ourselves. Each of us has something to offer. And when we give that freely, it often comes back in unexpected ways.
Don’t play games:
I don’t mean the games on your computer. I mean the ones with peoples’ minds. Yes, you are here to make money. The best way to do that is find something that solves your Customers’ problems. You cannot expect to help everyone. But, those you do help will remember and become more than Customers.
To Succeed in any business requires Planning, a Worthy Product, Effort and Position. You can stand in the Desert selling Ice Water but you will never succeed unless you are where there are thirsty people.
Now What? What Am I Supposed to do Next?
Each path is different but some things remain common to all of them. There is a world of opportunity just waiting for you to build your position in it. Think about what you want from your efforts and what you are willing to invest in terms of time, energy and funds.
Think about what you need to learn and where you can go to learn it. Above all, you need to find people that will help you in your journey. You may feel alone. You don’t have to be. There are always fellow travelers willing to lend a helping hand. Remember that the best Bargain is where both sides feel they got the best of the deal. Nove-Noga!