SELECTED PRESS RELEASE:
11/10/2011 10:10:39 PM EST
|Boost Your Internet Marketing Business with Article Writing
VISIT WEBSITE (learn more)
Article writing can seem like a scary prospect for a neophyte internet marketer. With so many methods of initiating contact and promoting products, it may seem like the least likely to be noticed. But this perception is false.
Take a conventional vehicle of promotion like a magazine, for example. Leaf through its pages and you’ll find a piece -- short editorial, a commentary, a critique – on a certain product that was supposed to be launched on a particular week. Next to that page, you’ll find a full-page advert of the product, complete with photos and copy.
Even on TV you’ll find a feature on a new product or service being plugged by an anchor or celebrity and on prime time yet! This is the equivalent of article writing for the internet. Here are a few reasons why article writing is essential to your internet marketing venture:
- An article can introduce your business. If you’re new, this is a great way to whet the appetite of a potential customer. An article can detail what you do, why and how. It can also let your readers know what your products are.
- Article writing is cheap. Unlike conventional advertisements and promotions, article writing does not require you to put in a lot of money just to promote your site or product. In fact, you can even do it for free, as long as you have the writing skills to match. You can publish it on websites and not be charged a single cent.
- A well-written article can direct traffic to your site. Unlike banner and classified ads, your article will show if people actually liked what they read or they wouldn’t have bothered going to your site. They provide people a way to get to your site without actually knowing what your domain name is at first.
- An article can prompt a sale, especially if it’s written to promote your product. Sometimes it’s just not enough to put a picture of your product along with a few lines of copy to describe it well. You will still need to write a longer copy to include more details and information that otherwise will not be covered on a short ad.
Since article writing can help you drum up interest on you site, make sure you do it right. Here are a few tips on what to do:
- Write about niche topics. General-topic articles are a dime a dozen. Chances are, your reader might have encountered them before and once they give your article a once-over, they will not stay long to read more or click to links to your site. Make sure your article has a specific target.
- Talk about things related to your product or service; retell an anecdote or recount an incident that truly happened to you or to someone you know, as long you observe the necessary anonymity rules to respect privacy. These lend a certain amount of credibility to your article and make it more accessible emotionally.
- Use the appropriate tone and language on your article. If you have a target market in mind, then ‘talk’ in your article the way you would if you were face-to-face with these people.
Use the lingo associated with this group. If you’re targeting highly technical individuals, then don’t be scared about using language unique in your field of study. If you’re a technical person targeting laymen, tone down the words a little bit. People will not waste time running to a dictionary to find out what you’re talking about, so keep it simple.
- Send your articles to reliable online ezine sites where you’re sure the traffic is heavy. Ezines maintain a category for submitted articles and you can even pick which one you’d like your article to be filed under. Most of these sites are free and most of them do not pay you for your writing, but that’s not the point. You get your article published and you expose it to the regular clients of that site, almost like a captured market.
- Write useful articles. Most people browse the internet for information and that’s what your article should give them. Write easy to follow how-to articles or detailed guides to a particular hobby or resource. If it’s easy to read and understand, people are more likely to stay and finish it.
- Offer something for free and mention it in your article. Your piece should promote your website’s benefits. Let them know what they’ll get through your website that’s not available anywhere else. With so many website like yours out there, you’ll need to make your site stand out.
- Include a link to your website in your article. This will help promote your site to readers of your article. You can also encourage readers to email you their comments and suggestions especially if you have written a very stimulating article.
Article writing is a very useful weapon to add to your internet marketing arsenal. It doesn’t require a lot of capital, it’s easy to make and best of all, it can alert readers to your website.
BUSINESS OWNER COMMENTS:
** You need to be a member of IBOtoolbox to comment. Click Here to create free account.
|Article Marketing is not jazzy! It doesn't glitter, but it truly is a great way to voice your knowledge and expertise on a subject or at least present a different perspective. Allen, you did a good job here. very informative and well said. |