For additional information Click Here
This recipe for Layered No-Bake Banana Split Dessert
Who said the best dessert recipes require an oven? proves that theory wrong. A quick-to-make treat that will leave you drooling after the first bite, this banana split dessert is the perfect warm weather indulgence. Start off with a layer of graham cracker crust, then add a layer of cream cheese mousse, then toss on some bananas, pineapple, strawberries, and finally whipped cream, nuts, chocolate, and let's not forget about the cherries on top. This really is the ultimate no bake dessert recipe and one bite will show you why!
Banana Split Dessert
First things first, let me break this banana split dessert down for you. Most importantly – it’s entirely no-bake. Absolutely no oven time is required, which makes it perfect for the summer when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, and also perfect for when you need a quick dessert that you can throw together in very little time. Poof! Done! Now, for the layers… It starts off with a graham cracker crust, topped with a cream cheese-mousse, and then layers of banana, pineapple, strawberries, and finally whipped cream, nuts, chocolate, and cherries on top!
Talk about the ultimate banana split dessert
Now, a strange thing happened when I ran through the recipe the first time, and I had to do a double take. The layer above the graham cracker frosting consisted of butter, powdered sugar, and 2 eggs. EXCEPT… the eggs weren’t heated like a custard, and this banana split dessert isn’t baked, so they’re just in there, raw. ::shudder:: I couldn’t do it, so after thinking through some workarounds, including a pastry cream layer or something like a pudding, I finally decided to use the filling from another of my favorite old-school desserts – the Strawberry Pretzel Salad. I went full steam ahead with that, and it works absolutely brilliantly in this recipe.
Don’t wait for a special reason to make this banana split dessert, and certainly don’t wait years in between. Any ordinary day is special enough for this easy-peasy banana split dessert. And I guarantee it will make you feel like a kid again!
Enjoy This Great Banana Split Dessert
For the Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup granulated sugar
8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
For the Fruit & Toppings:
3 to 4 bananas, sliced
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
16 ounces strawberries, hulled, and sliced
8 ounces COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter, stirring until all of the crumbs are evenly moistened. Dump the crumbs into the prepared pan and press into an even layer. Refrigerate while you prepare the next layer.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the COOL WHIP until thoroughly combined. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
4. Arrange the banana slices in a single layer on top of the cream cheese filling, top with an even layer of the crushed pineapple, and then an even layer of the sliced strawberries.
5. Cover with the COOL WHIP, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with the chopped walnuts, then drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with maraschino cherries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
“THIS IS A RE-POST OF A BLOG I FOUND”
P.S. If you want to make extra money with a blog like this, click on the image above this post, to your right find out how. Or Fill Out The Contact Page