SELECTED PRESS RELEASE:
1/16/2012 11:03:58 PM EST
|Clearing History and Cookies in Google Chrome
VISIT WEBSITE (learn more)
Today I will share with you the method use to clear history and cookies in Google Chrome. Follow the steps below to perform this action.
1. Open your Google Chrome browser.
2. On the top right side of the browser just below the X there is a little icon which resembles a spanner .
3. Click on that icon (spanner).
4. In the box which opens click on History which is about the middle of the box.
5. History will open up in a new window
6. On the right side of the browser, just below the symbol of the clock and the Search history box, click on Edit items...
7. A new box will open in the same window. Click on the highlighted button Clear all browsing history.
8. A new window will open up headed Clear Browsing Data
9. There is a dropdown box with an arrow next to Obliterate the following items from: Click anywhere in that box.
10. Choose which task you would like to be performed and the box closes.
11. Below that you will see 6 instructions which could be performed. I suggest you tick all the boxes except the last two.
12. At the bottom of the box click on Clear browsing data.
And that would clear all your history, cookies and cache from your hard drive.
You should see a significant increase in your computer performance after performing this task. I would suggest not to use the automatic preference to clear your history. Sometimes you may have come across a site and closed it for some reason before saving it in your bookmarks, finding the site in your history would save you the pain of having to search for it again.
Clearing the history and cookies from your system depends on how much you use your computer. For heavy users this type of maintenance could be carried out two or three times per week. For light users probably once per month.
BUSINESS OWNER COMMENTS:
** You need to be a member of IBOtoolbox to comment. Click Here to create free account.